Monday, March 15, 2010

The Lake at Brede

There's a lake
on the way to home.
When the winters
are in full swing
this lake
sometimes freezes;
perfect white,
a visual treat,
a sight
to behold
and cherish.
I have thought
on quite many occasions
while viewing the lake
through the train window
as I pass it
on my way home,
to stop by,
get off the train,
walk up to the lake
and
spend some time
mesmerized
in its pristine whiteness,
eternal yet momentary
calm.
I have thought this often,
that one day
I will stop by
at this station
and take a picture
or two.
Now the winters
are waning down
and
I have not been able to
get off the train
at this station
to soak in
the beauty of this lake,
to be lost
for a while
in its charm.
Every time I pass this station
I say to myself,
"Tomorrow"
for I am always eager/rushing
to reach back home,
well aware
that you must be waiting
for me.

4 comments:

Arnab Baneree said...

Moving and emotional. Good one for loved ones.

BLUEGUITAR said...

:) Glad that you liked the same.

deep said...

looks very beautiful.. the lake as well as ur composition.. :))

BLUEGUITAR said...

@Deep

Thanks for the appreciation :) Hope life's fine at your end.