Monday, April 10, 2006

Chelsea Parody

This one is a famous Jose Murinho parody that has now acquired pretty much status of a classic.
I'll try to post the mp3 link sometime, for now here are the lyrics

----------------------------

I Sign a Little Player or Two is the follow-up to the José and his Amazing Technicolor Overcoat sketch on Today FM's Gift Grub show. It parodies the Chelsea manager José Mourinho and the Aretha Franklin song I Say a Little Prayer. It is performed by Mario Rosenstock.

Do you know some people will like to know
Why are we so successful
And why always that we are winning
And why also they are saying all the time that I am the special one
Well I also have song for this.


[Verse 1]
The moment I wake up (Damien, wake up),
Before I crack open my egg cup (Damien[1]: egg cup),
I sign a little player or two.

While combing my hair now (yes, very nice),
And wondering what coat to wear now (Damien: wear now),
I sign a little player or two.


[Chorus]
Because - forever, forever,
They will stay in my heart and I will love them all.
And whatever - perhaps never,
May be some will not start, it's possible.
But - together, together,
That's how we will be completely, I'm sorry.
And that's how it must be at Chelsea
Believe me, I know these things.


Okay?


[Verse 2]
While eating my sandwich (very tasty),
I call Roman Abramovich (Damien: ovich),
Sign a little player or two (okay?).

And if he doesn't work hard,
I'll probably tell Frank Lampard (Damien: Lampard),
We'll sign another player or two.


[Chorus]


Damien: Yeah but,
Well?
Damien: What about me?
Well Duff uh - believe me, believe me (believe me).
Damien: What?
For me there is no other winger but you.
Damien: Really?
Yes, this is true.
Damien: Wow, that's great.
Please love me too.
Damien: Okay,
'Cause I'm in love with you.
Damien: Pretty good.
Now kill yourself,
Damien: Huh?
Do it, do it.
Damien: What? Eh, okay.

No comments: